The Healing Organization is a deeply moving, inspiring and important work. It builds the historical, philosophical and most importantly the human, emotional case for the next natural evolution of capitalism. Gelb and Sisodia present BIG IDEAS in a compelling, illuminating and engaging way. More than a business book, it’s a manifesto that offers hope for a new vision that can heal the divisiveness in our society. And, as business book it is a “must read,” especially for the emerging generation of entrepreneurs I serve as investor, strategic advisor and mentor. They want to generate wealth in a way that makes a positive difference in the world. They want to live with sense of meaning and purpose. They want to enrich the lives of all their stakeholders. The Healing Organization shows how this can be done, how it is being done and why, for the sake of humanity, it must be done, now!
~ Jonathan Miller, CEO, Integrated Media Co, former CEO, AOL
This brilliant book tells a new, emerging story of money and business based on much wiser assumptions about human possibility. The authors show how businesses with a higher purpose, basic goodness and concern for the welfare of all stakeholders, including communities and the Earth itself, are thriving. Instead of causing or exacerbating suffering these business prevent and alleviate it. By meeting real needs and operating from love rather than fear these companies elevate joy and generate superior financial returns. This is an inspiring, soul-nourishing and practical guide to transforming the role of business in society for the betterment of all.
~ Lynne Twist, author of The Soul of Money and co-founder of The Pachamama Alliance
In this beautifully written and urgently needed book, Raj Sisodia and Michael J. Gelb present the case for a radical rethinking of the purpose and possibilities of business. They do this first with a succinct and incisive analysis of the evolution of contemporary capitalism. The authors illuminate the true genius of Adam Smith, guiding us to reconsider The Wealth of Nations in the light of Smith’s Theory of Moral Sentiments. Then they share a series of heart-opening, mind-expanding and profoundly inspiring stories that show what’s possible when the heroic spirit of business is liberated through this synthesis. Finally, they present a guide, a playbook, and an Oath for aspiring Healing Leaders. Contemplate the guide. Follow the playbook. Take the Oath. Help make the world a better place.
~ John Mackey, Co-Founder & CEO, Whole Foods Market, co-author of Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business
Climate change and gross inequality now threaten the natural world and the future of humanity. With time running out before we reach irreversible tipping points, business must take the lead in healing our world by investing in our most important assets: our natural and human capital. This book provides a compelling case for why this must happen now and more importantly it offers the practical steps to show how this can be accomplished. Highly recommended!
~ Paul Polman, Former CEO Unilever
This book is a vital contribution and will help accelerate the creation of a truly human future. Raj Sisodia and Michael J. Gelb have authored a powerful consciousness raising guide based on the new paradigm of balance between feminine and masculine energies. When these energies are in harmony we all experience healing- personally, organizationally and societally. The Healing Organization is essential reading for all aspiring and highly conscious leaders!
~ Kristin Engvig, founder and CEO of WIN & WINConference and winner of The 2010 International Alliance of Women (IAW) Award.
The Healing Organization is based on a simple, profound revelation: Businesses that operate from love, who make human flourishing their first priority, will enrich the lives of all their stakeholders, generate more sustainable abundance, and can help solve many of our current crises. Raj Sisodia and Michael J. Gelb bring this world-changing idea to life with deeply moving stories of awakened consciousness.
~ Deepak Chopra M.D. Author of Metahuman
• The Healing Organization is a mind-blowing, transformational guide that shows how business can lead the way to alleviate suffering and elevate joy. Raj Sisodia and Michael J. Gelb bring a rare combination of scholarly insight and practical guidance to this compelling tour de force. This is essential reading for all aspiring leaders.
~ Marshall Goldsmith, PhD #1 New York Times bestselling author of Triggers, MOJO and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There.
• A great – and important – book! At Its heart, Raj Sisodia and Michael J. Gelb’s The Healing Organization is a deeply spiritual book that shows leaders the way forward to transform business to be the greatest healer of societal ills while creating wealth for all its stakeholders. If you follow its wise advice, you will build organizations that make this world a better place for all to live in.
~ Bill George, Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School; former Chair & CEO of Medtronic; and author of Discover Your True North
• A must-read for all leaders, and especially politicians, at every level! This urgently needed book present a roadmap for bringing left and right together by transforming the way we think about the relationship between expanding prosperity and social good. The Healing Organization heralds a new epoch, a powerful idea for a better world whose time is now.
~ Kerry Healey, PhD. President of Babson College, and former Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts
• In an imperfect world, what is the role of business? Across the globe, political leaders, corporate shareholders, and ordinary citizens are reckoning with that question. And it’s one for which Sisodia and Gelb offer a provocative answer: Business can — and should — help heal society's ills. This smart and meaningful book will inspire you to lead your organization into a place of joy, health, and yes, profitability, that can deliver greater well-being to employees, communities, and the planet.
~ Daniel H. Pink, author of WHEN and DRIVE
• In this wonderful book, Michael J. Gelb and Raj Sisodia illuminate the historical, psychological and philosophical underpinnings of contemporary capitalism to make a compelling case for reimagining the fundamental purpose of business. Business is the straight line between where we are now as a society and making the world a better place. If you want to improve the world, then please read this book and get it into the hands of every influential person you know.
~ Kip Tindell, Co-Founder and Chairman of The Container Store, and Co-Chairman of Conscious Capitalism, Inc.
• A beautiful work with a powerful message, much needed for our times, illuminating the flowering of progress in a messy world. Reminds one of the Buddha’s observation upon seeing a lotus growing from the mud, “Om Mani Padme Hum.” This book is filled with insights for creating a more enlightened society based on profitable businesses with more sustainable and caring values. It is a compelling work that inspires one to change and evangelize the message.
~ Ketan Patel, Author of The Master Strategist and Founder and CEO of Greater Pacific Capital
• Sisodia and Gelb are master storytellers, and this amazing book celebrates the potential of business to be a powerful force for good in our world. It's inspiration at its best to read of companies such as Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group transforming the lives of their employees and other stakeholders while generating more profit than less enlightened businesses. This book brought tears to my eyes, new ideas to my mind, and hope to my heart -- it is a must-read for every business school aspirant and graduate.
~ Karen Page, MBA (Harvard) Described by the Harvard Business School Bulletin as a "one-woman powerhouse" she is the award-winning author of The Flavor Bible and What to Drink with What You Eat.
• If you want to do well by doing good, if you want to align your business with your higher purpose, if you want to be a leader who makes a truly positive contribution to your people and your community, then this book is for you! The Healing Organization is a game changer. Raj and Michael are leading the way to the next evolution of conscious capitalism.
~John Hope Bryant, CEO of Operation HOPE, Bryant Group Ventures and The Promise Homes Company
Do you have a story about how your enterprise is healing stakeholders....? Share it with us and we'll share with our community!